Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Wow! That is lovely!

Something wonderful to share...

My mother only received her primary six education some ages ago. She totally could not understand English and we her 3 lovely daughters use to have this funny idea...why not teach our mother English. Of course something conversational would be just fine.

Nothing formal happen in the house but English is one of the medium that her daughters communicate at home. Guess what! Without us realizing it my mother actually pick up a little of Queen's language.

Out of sudden today she was telling me this in English...stay cool..."You take the paper outside." That is lovely! I could not imagine how could this happen. That was a great moment that put all of us at home into big laughter, a real big one that make us rolling!

This proved that not only the young toddler has active listening, elderly group too! And my mother could actually understand some of my tele-conversation with my friends. It is a big wow! I don't know how she picked that but what I know it is through observation and listening.

This has created some light moments in my family! There will be more to come as my mother and her 3 daughters are just simply like good friends...you know how good friends talk right... :-)

I told her to continue learning English and be daring in speaking...who knows I might accidentally have a caucasian fiance then communication will not be an issue. :-p We both burst into laughter!!!

1 comment:

Tham Chee Wah said...

Hi Lay Kun, so wonderful to read your jottings on blog. Will be waiting to read more of your writings here. Keep posting!