Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I saw this...

I went to my relative house last week and I saw this...

A kid who came to this relative's house together with his mother was running around in the house. He saw a cupboard full of collection items and they looked so great on the display shelf. Out of temptation, he opened the cupboard and started taking out those item one by one "just to have a closer look".

Well, I could still remember if we were to do this during our childhood, my mum would gave us her most stern look and warned us using her eye contact: "Put back those items and sit quietly, this is not your house and you have no rights to touch those items."

When we were kids, we were wondering why was our mum so fierce. Why can't she be more gentle and just allow us to do whatever we like.

I could not remember when I started to realize and understand the word "behave" and "respect". When we were not at our own house, we have to respect others and behave ourselves so we will not mess up the harmonious situation and disrupt others.

When the scene got into my eyes last week, I was asking myself how many parents actually taught their child about values. From my observation it is merely a small group and most of the parents are just accomodating their children's wishes.

This is truly worrying...do we produce next generation who respect others, being humble, with integrity, trustworthy, responsible & etc ... or just merely raising up those kids and our duty is over?
Just keep observing ...

No comments: